- Have you ever volunteered in any way at San Felasco or the Devil’s Millhopper?
- Do you ever wonder what the Friends of San Felasco CSO is and what we do?
- Can you see yourself getting involved as a volunteer in your spare time?
- Would you like to spend time outside helping both the parks and our community?
If you answered yes, join us for our meet-and-greet and volunteer appreciation celebration! Our volunteers work hard throughout the year, and we the Friends of San Felasco CSO, on behalf of the Devil’s Millhopper Geological and San Felasco Preserve State Parks, would like to show our appreciation by hosting a BBQ lunch to say “Thank You”.
We’d also like to extend an invitation to our community, so that anyone who might be interested in volunteering at either location are able to come, ask questions, get to know us a little bit, and enjoy the day with us. Come on out and bring your family and friends and join us Sunday April 17 for a party! Home smoked barbecue, as well as sides, special vegetarian treats, and refreshments will be provided. Start the day off with a hike, horse ride, or bike ride, and join us around 1:00p for lunch. After lunch, kick back and enjoy the day, listen to live music provided by local bluegrass band Pasture Prime Bluegrass, play games, or join park veteran Barry Luther for an exclusive look at places in the preserve that you may not have seen before.
* Lunch Menu: Pulled Pork • Beef Brisket • Baked Beans (vegan) • Grilled Vegetable Skewers (vegan) • Balsamic Glazed Portobello Mushrooms (vegan) • Cole Slaw (vegetarian) • Garlic Bread (vegetarian) • Tossed Salad (vegan) • Desserts and Drinks