The 2019 Tour de Felasco
Scroll below or click here to see the rest of our sponsors!
Didn’t get in? Click here to be added to the waiting list.
Join the Friends of San Felasco on Saturday, January 12, 2019 for a mountain bicycling event that will challenge each rider with a tour through one of North Florida’s most diverse ecological and geological preserves. Presented by the Friends of San Felasco, Inc., a non-profit volunteer Citizen Support Organization (CSO) dedicated to supporting the trail system and other efforts within the park, this event is the main fundraiser for the CSO.
The Tour is not a race, but it is an endurance event through a challenging series of trails. Many people compare this ride to the difficulty level of a hilly century (100 mile) road bicycle route, and we recommend you prepare accordingly. The Tour route will test your bike skills and endurance with rolling hills, short climbs, sinkholes, creek crossings, and log bridges. Experience areas of the park not usually open to bikes, while supporting the CSO’s efforts to improve this magnificent trail system.
The Tour covers either 50 miles or a metric century of 62 miles (your choice) without crossing a single paved road. There’s a time cutoff for the metric century option. Any rider who meets the cutoff time is invited to extend the ride. Participants who want a shorter tour will be able to exit after lunch, usually around a 25-35 mile ride.
- The park will be closed to the public for the Tour. Only pre-registered riders will be able to participate. No day of event registration is available.
- There are no refunds, however registrations can be transferred to another rider (via Active.com) through 12/31/18. A 15% transfer fee will be applied.
- The event will proceed rain or shine. There will be no rain date.
- Event Size is limited to 600 riders.
- Helmets are MANDATORY! No helmet, no ride.
- Pets are not allowed
- Park entry fee is included in the registration fee.
- The Tour is not a race. It’s an endurance ride, meant for the enjoyment of all. Everyone is a winner!
- Be prepared for rolling hills, long distances, creek crossings, and log bridges. Bail-out points will be available throughout the Tour; participants who want a shorter Tour will be able to exit after lunch for a 25-35 mile ride.
- Four sag stops will provide water, sports drink and an assortment of snacks. A delicious lunch from local restaurants will be provided. Save room for pizza and beer at the end of the ride, too. We’ll have deliveries at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, and 5:00 as riders complete the tour, and to space out the pizza to allow for differing rider completion times
- We will have early check-in on FRIDAY, Jan 11th. Location is TBA…! We’ll send out information when we have the details nailed down.
Support Our Sponsors